Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

End of year reflections

It's time for my end of year reflections.
My exercising has suffered greatly especially the second half of this year.

I experienced a lot of life changes that really stressed me even to the breaking point. I became depressed and started the downward spiral into depression. I don't want to get into any details on my blog as to the why's but it was a definite challenge to 2010!!
I got a grip on the depression now.
I have started thrift store shopping for clothes for me and find that I really do love having a varried wardrobe. I am working on my image. I want to look and feel good to myself and to those around me. I am giving up the frumpy housewife scenario.
I'm done with oversized t-shirts and sweats as my every day wardrobe, these are PJ's.
I have a nice selection of fitting t-shirts and T-top exercise shirts. I'm getting more long sleeve t's and even button up shirts. I even have pants now, not just sweats.

I've been eating pretty good for the most part. Sometimes I eat too much of the crappy sugar stuff but I don't feel the NEED for it. I just don't want to discipline myself and I need to work on that discipline.

Exercise, yea I mentioned it suffered greatly. I'm averaging 2-3 times a week of working out right now. THAT WILL CHANGE!! I do take stairs at work and even make extra trips for myself for the fitness aspect so I haven't completely picked back up the sedentary life.

I've been doing great with my internet addiction. I still get on the pc every day but don't spend all my free time on it. I now only have facebook, triadmommies, and motivated mamas that I keep up with. And my facebook is rather slow because I have so few friends and family active on it. I don't need to keep up with everyones activities.

I feel strong mentally going into 2011.
I will continue to work on my diet and really try to adopt cleaner eating still.
I will make myself get back up to at least 20 min's exercise a day 6 days a week.
I will continue to limit internet time
I will look for more satisfying work which is also compatible with Daves and Logans schedules
I will get dressed every single day and continue to reject the "frumpy housewife" days
I will consciously spend more quality time with my husband whom I dearly love and do not want to take advantage of.


Right now we are decluttering our house. It's a big job. We've moved a lot of furniture around and have made the decision to stay in this house rather than moving again. I am happy with the decision. Today we also got a freezer thus the organizing started in the kitchen. We then moved our bedroom around and made room for the kitchen table. Yea I know this is weird but we are preparing to put up a wall to make our bedroom smaller and the other half will be a breakfast nook for the kitchen table. This room once was two rooms before and someone had taken out the wall that we are now going to put back up.
I got my puppy which I love dearly though don't appreciate the challenge of potty training. We will be putting up a cheap fenced in area so I can keep him outside for long enough to poop because he loves to come in then do his business. Not happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment