Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Running

OK I'm officially running now in my own eyes. Anything under 20 minutes isn't running, it's a sprint. I did wk 5 day 3 of C25K today which was a 20 minute run. I wasn't ready to stop in 20 minutes lol. I ended up running 21 minutes 41 seconds. I had to reach a street corner so I could go back to beewellmiles.com and plug in my distance. I ran 1.88 miles in 21:41 min. That equates to between 11-12 minute miles. I'm pleased. I can't wait to get down to 10 minute miles but that was great for timing my run. I wish I knew how long it took me to finish that 2 mile freedom run now lol. ah well, too late now. Next week C25K has me running 2 interval runs then a 25 minute one...after that it's all over 25 minutes!!! YAYNESS!!!
I wonder about my running goals. I've voiced some concerns on another support board I go to where I asked how do you know when enough is enough? I'm an extremist and I tend to go all out, I just can't help myself. I've never aspired to be a marathon runner but I do know my personality.
I would like to be happy with 3 runs a week... 2 between 5-10K (3-6miles) and one long one heading towards 1/2 marathon length (13 miles). I do want to be happy with that but am afraid once I reach that goal I'll have to keep moving forward. There are marathons then 40 mile runs that are organized. Could I keep the itch to do more down in myself? I honestly don't want to spend my saturdays running all day (that's my designated long day).
Already on the days between runs I don't want to do other exercise, I just want to run. I imagine that will stop soon but I feel like I'm trying to reign myself in and it's so strange....

now go back to my very first blog post here..... I HATED EXERCISE...
hehe I love myself, this is my true resolution coming to light this year :)

1 comment: