Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

I'm still here

Still working on my healthy eating, healthy exercise, and healthy internet usage.
I still slip up with my eating and think it would be much easier for me if I had more money for groceries. I am now in the process of trying to accumulate a plethora of simple recipes I will enjoy the taste of and the process of preparing. I would like to come up with a month long stable menu plan. I aim to irradicate all processed foods from my home slowly but surely. I know that if I can come up with a menu that I am willing to prepare my husband would have no problem eating it. I will allow him to continue having his chips in the house as they are something that neither Logan nor I enjoy anyways.
I want to find alternative breakfasts for Logan. He loves pop tarts. Those things are horrendous!!!! My first attempt will be a black bean brownie. I really hope he takes to this. Deidre gave us a great recipe for a breakfast casserole which I am building off from to eliminate the bread.

Yesterday I was so proud of my days eating.
For breakfast I had 1 cup oatmeal with 1/2 cup 2% milk. I like to use skim but I can't afford to have 2 different kinds of milk in the house. I've been alternating buying skim one time then 2% the next. It's one of my compromises and Dave hasn't complained at all.
Lunch and dinner was fresh tomato and zucchini semi cooked together with Mrs. Dash for seasoning. I picked at this for both meals. I did have to work yesterday and forgot to bring any food with me so I got a nutrigrain bar from the concession stand. Not a great food choice but better than snacking on the candy there and I really wanted my body to have some sort of fuel without skipping that entire 4 hour block. I also ate a couple of strawberries and grapes for snacks.
I tried frozen grapes for the first time today. They really are a good snack :) I am pleased as grapes usually go bad and get thrown away around here.

Today sofar I had a banana for breakfast and snacked on some strawberries. Then for lunch I had my oatmeal and 2% milk with strawberries cut in it for sweetener. I need to work today and plan to bring some broccoli with me. I'm starting to crave the wrap I make with 1 scrambled egg, 1 tablespoon salsa, and a handful of fresh spinach wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla. I actually got that idea from McDonalds breakfast burritos. I wanted to healthify it though lol.

Exercise hasn't been as exciting for me lately. I've been running because I'm too lazy to put in one of my videos lol. It's easier just to jump on the treadmill and run and I know I get a good calorie burn, good heart racing work out. I also know my body needs change and I really need to re-work on this. I am still consistently active but really need to get my groove on as for change. Today I will be doing Jackie Warners total body work-out. It is a strength training program which I have been neglecting for the past two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment