Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

slump

I'm still working on learning to maintain my physical fitness and healthy eating without having to track. I refuse to count calories but have learned that I will always have to remain conscious of portion size and what I eat. I still ask myself "how much nutrition vs calories" if there are too many calories with not enough nutrition then I won't eat it, usually.
I get bored running. I love to run. Yep it's a vicious circle lol. I love how I feel after a long run but I'm oh so bored after 30 min's. I love how it makes me sweat and I know I'm killing mega calories thus shrinking those oooh so hated fat cells. I still can't seem to make myself go beyond 30 min's this season. So I run in 30 minute bursts. I am still a slow poke. I get in between 2.5 and 3 miles at a time. I want so badly to train for a half marathon in my mind, but when it gets down to actually doing it, NOPE, not happening.
I love all of my videos. I got too many so thinned out. I still have too many but just can't get rid of any more (the hoarder in me). I kept the ones that I'll use at least once every 3 months.
I have 4 categories: CLX (Chalean Extreme)/Jackie Warner (weights), Jillian Michaels/Biggest Loser (circuit), Leslie Sansone (low impact cardio), Hip Hop Abs/ Zumba (my dancy ones).
I didn't run my 10K this year like I had originally planned. I didn't train properly and we were going on a trip right after so I didn't wanna kill myself with the race. There is an 8K in 2 weeks that I'm debating. I want to do it but really can't afford it. Though I think I really need the race atmosphere at this time. I know I can do 8K which is just about 5 miles. Will I run more than 30 min's in a race? The race itself isn't for a great cause in my eyes so I don't know if I can get myself to spend the $30 to find out.
I've gotten out my raw books again to help me with my veggies and fruits. I've been slacking lately. I know it's time to concentrate more on that nutrition...again. I had swollen feet the other day as a reminder that I really need to do this for my HEALTH. I also need to get myself to a dr and get my numbers checked. U know those general physical things that I've NEVER had a complete one before in my adult life. I want to know my BP, cholesterol, weight vs build etc.

2 comments:

  1. everybody is allowed a slump once in a while ... maybe you should tell yourself you are still in a slump to keep the pressure off, but try to only change one thing in your life - like only adding regular exercise or eating properly ... it might help you get back into a good habit.

    If I could choose for you it would be to train for that 8k!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)
    I'm still slumping but did sign up for a 10K next weekend. I didn't run the 8K because I couldn't justify the cost. Though this 10K is for a great charity cause :) I'm excited.
    Ate like crap yesterday though ate great the day before.
    Got a new scale which does the body fat thing which gave me a wake up call. Time for this gal to get moving more intently again!!!

    ReplyDelete