Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Life

Yep it doesn't stop happening just because one decides to live a healthier lifestyle.
We are still surrounded by all the same unhealthy temptations as before so we have to learn how to co-exist with them.

My daughter visited 2 weeks ago. It was a wonderful visit with her and my grand daughter.
First temptation I gave in to: Going out to eat at Steak-N-Shake and ordering chicken strips and frenchfries drowned in cheese sauce.
second temptation I gave in to: Not doing my video on her second day here.
third temptation I gave in to: Staying up entirely too late and not getting enough sleep.

This past weekend was my preschoolers 3rd birthday.
First temptation: Birthday cake, ice cream and snacks
Second temptation: No exercise video Saturday.

Between my daughters visit and my sons birthday I was not eating real well. My weight went back up to 119. I refused to see 120 again and did well there.

Yesterday I got back on track. I ate fantastic. Only took in 1100 calories or so.
I did 32 minutes of circuit training exercises and felt fantastic. I went to bed at 7:30 and got 11 hours of sleep.
The first half of the night my muscles burned and I was so surprised because I only did level one of shred. I had been up to level 3 before my slack time and I didn't take all that much time off from exercising, just from shred.
I was able to complete shred with my 3 lb. weights and did the butterfly raises with my 5 lb weights. I'm so proud of this accomplishment. No more 1.5lb weights on level one for me.
I'm going to get chaLEAN and would love any input anyone has on this.
I restarted my shred challenge 30 days non-stop starting with level 1. I don't think I'll be on level 1 very long as I recently did complete that. Level 2 I do expect to be on for probably 6-8 days before starting level 3 then I'll do level 3 every other day alternating levels 1 and 2 in between. In addition I will be starting the power sculpt/ cardio max plan level 2...which is to do each of those videos on alternating days. I will take 2 days off per week from these two videos but will continue with the shred every day. I will not take 2 days off in a row though. I'm thinking sundays and wed or thursdays.
Sundays I go to the gym with a friend and like to use that as my "easy day"

eating: I just plan on staying within 1200-1500 calories per day concentrating on keeping my protein at close to half my carbs. I want low carbs but not very low. I do real well on a low carb diet but I'm wanting to stick to calories now.
I've been tracking my calcium intake and need to buy some supplements. I am sorely deficient there.

No comments:

Post a Comment