Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

2nd Barefoot Run

Well today was a new day that's for sure. It's super foggy out and my calves were still tight from Tuesdays run. I tried to massage them and work out the tightness all day yesterday but by evening they were feeling unbelievably tight and I contemplated not running today-- contemplated.
I set my alarm for 5:50 so I could be out the door by 6am today. Look out the window and can't see beyond my front yard...it's very foggy. Didn't get out the door until 6:10 which makes me feel pushed because I have to be back by 7am for Nickolas to get here, today's an early day for him. I am carrying my shoes just as I had on Tuesday for my warm up walk. The concrete of my driveway feels great, the asphalt feels like crap. I decide that I'm going to stay on the concrete as much as possible this run. I'm off and trotting. I feel my calves loosen up relatively quickly and that really excites me, it's going to be a great run!!!! About half a mile into my run mother nature is cruel and my body is wanting to goooooo. OOOh I hate when that happens while running. I turn around and head back home. So I got my barefoot mile in but after .5 miles I was concentrating more on not soiling myself than form. I was uncomfortable. Right at the end of running I stepped wrong on my big toe. I didn't scrape it but think I hit a stone and it shot pain right up my leg. I'm walking now and will check it out while sitting on the toilet.

Heading back out the door with shoes on this time and I complete another 1.5 miles. I'm dripping wet by the time I get home. I think the moisture from the air was mixing with my sweat and I was soaked not only by sweat but by dew. My hair actually had droplets of water on top of my head when I came inside. I'm disappointed that I didn't get my whole 3 miles in again yet today. This is definitely proving to be a slow week for me. Lets see what Saturday brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment