Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Still going strong

Now I'm half way into week #2 of barefoot running. I did 3.5 miles today. I absolutely couldn't make myself put those shoes on my feet after already running for a bit so I didn't. I decided I'm going to stop carrying the darn things and just stick close to home for the next couple of weeks. I worked out a nice figure 8 route that ends with 3.5 miles. A perfect distance for my weekday runs at this time. I'm still going to wear my shoes for my long runs. Last weekend I started barefoot then put my shoes on after 1.5 miles but this just isn't a good strategy for me. I only ran another 1.5 miles before quitting because I just was not enjoying the running with the shoes....soooo I did not get my long run in this past week. I'm back to running every other day rather than just Tues, Thurs, Sat. I just can't stand not running though I know my muscles can't handle every single day at least yet. I'm not a complete idiot, maybe a bit insane but they are completely different poles.

By the end of todays run I was wiping the sweat off my face with my shoes. I found that quite comical, Yep I bring my shoes as sweat rags, they are good for that task. I just might need to make myself some crochet cotton wristlets to be able to wipe the sweat off with.

I came back home and realized the front door was open. That puzzled me because I remember distinctly closing it carefully as to step out quietly and not wake up my son who seems to be so zoned into my doings that he would have surely heard me. I get my drink of water and move the mouse on my pc to map my run and....I hear noggin!!
What on earth!!! Noggin, already??? Go in the living room and sure enough. The little guy is up. He tells me he missed me and gives me a hug so I sit with him for a while and wait for his dad to emerge from upstairs. Apparently he woke up at 6:30ish and was frantically looking around the house for me. Screaming and crying because mommy wasn't here..though he did know daddy was here because we sleep in the same room as him so he did not think he was alone. It makes me feel so loved but OMG this child needs to give me a lil space.

I have a new product I love for my feet. I've had it for at least a year, probably two. I won a free for shipping lottery for some knitters moisturizing balm for my hands. I never used it because I didn't like it for my hands, I felt it was too greasy. It's beeswax based and wonderful on my feet!!! Clearhills Honey I recommend it to anyone needing something to moisturize your running feet, it's great for my heals especially!! so Carmela, If you see this please don't think this is a gross misuse of your product. I love it and thank you for it and am so glad I saved it instead of passing it on to one of my knitting friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment