Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cabbage soup Diet

I've been doing this for the past 3 days. Today will be my last day. I am not a fan of fad diets but this one really did have healthy foods and included all the food groups. I just planned to use it as a jump start to restart my weight loss and it has been successful :)
The recipe I used called for:
1 head cabbage, 1 bunch celery, 1 large onion, 2 green peppers, lipton onion soup mix, canned tomatoes. I also added green beans, zucchini, cayenne, and canned mexican tomatoes seasoned with green chiles but I omitted the green peppers because they are crazy expensive right now.

I'm going to copy and paste my updates from another forum here:
Day 1: Scale has moved down 2 lbs (yea this is from pre soup efforts). I should clarify that I am using the other soup recipe that was posted on this forum at the same time. The one with the cabbage and without the beef broth (I don't do beef).
I feel hungry but the soup isn't at all filling. I ate strawberries and apples today. Didn't feel like cutting the watermelon or cantaloupe. They haven't been filling either, nor is the water for that matter. So I will be going to bed a bit hungry tonight. I did end up adding more veggies to my soup and lightening up the hotness of my cayenne pepper.
I did have 3 bowls of soup, about 2 cups of strawberries, and an apple today. I just don't feel like eating because I know it isn't going to make the stomach feel better anyways.

Day 2 (Morning): Woke up not at all hungry. Getting ready to have my soup breakfast and eat some raw spinach I'm really wanting my bean tortillas this morning!!! Though alas I will wait. I can't wait until my starchy bean burger reward t'nite. I am replacing the baked potato with a black bean burger topped with salsa. I think my body is seriously craving the protein!!!
I ran 4.2 miles the day before starting the diet, I did upper and lower body strength training for 45 minutes yesterday. My BUTT muscles hurt!! I need to run another 4 miles today and just don't feel the energy there. I have read that people get an energy surge after 3 days. I sure hope this is me
All in all, I like the soup. I will make it regularly even when I'm not doing this diet. I think it's super healthy and yummy. I'll just accompany it with chicken or something.

Now for the part most people neglect to share but everyone wonders (at least I do). I have not had any stomach cramps or extra gas that have been real stinky and unbearable or unusual bowel movements. No diarrhea or constipation Day 2 has begun so we'll see as it continues.
Scale Progress: down 3 lbs.

Day 3 morning
: I did quite well yesterday but the watermelon I didn't cut on the fruit day was calling my name. I cut it open before bed and had a piece. I LOVED IT. It was so sweet and tasty and I usually don't care much for watermelon. I had my serving of beans instead of the baked potato and loved that too. It actually felt like a normal meal with my soup, sauteed yellow squash and black bean burger with chunks from the soup on top of it. I was tempted by DH's french fries but did not indulge.
Scale has me at 110 this morning. I was at 114-116 before the diet began. I was afraid that the weight wouldn't melt off me because I have so little to lose but that isn't so. I guess the fact that I've never done this diet before is working in my favor.
Still no discomforts or foul odors eminating from me
I look forward to drinking a glass of skim milk today (I've only been drinking water thus far). I need to work for 4 hrs today and will be out of the house all day so eating on day 3 will be a little challenging, so glad it's both fruits and veggies.

Day 3 bedtime: Had a successful day though ate much more fruit than veggies For our play date we brought sliced watermelon. I had to get gas and also bought my DS an ice cream. I ate strawberries while he ate ice cream. Lunch was a salad with fresh spinach leaves, lettuce, cabbage, carrots, and pineapple. My dressing was the pineapple juice. I had a sweet tooth today lol. Dinner was my soup and squash leftovers.
I think tomorrow will be my last official day on this diet. I have between 2-3 bowls of soup left and don't plan on making more. I've been looking forward to this banana and skim milk day I love both!!
The day after I will be resuming healthy eating. I will continue with the plan of the diet minus the soup. I already have plans to make a stuffed cabbage roll dinner with ground turkey and black beans, topped with onions and diced tomatoes. It won't be the stuffed cabbage rolls of my past but they will be super healthy and I hope super yummy.
I do feel that I am successful with this diet though I'm quitting early. I didn't really think I'd go all the way through anyways. I just wanted to kick start myself on losing that last 10 lbs, which I have. I'm sure I'll be down to just the last 5 after all is said and told. I am confident I will be able to keep it all off with all the healthy habits I have created even prior to going on this diet

Day 4 breakfast: I had my banana and cup of skim milk. The bananas are too ripe but they will have to suffice, they really were perfect yesterday wish I could have eaten them then. I still didn't have my soup and up to this point I started each day with a bowl of soup. DH and I ate together though and I didn't want his weird inquiries to me eating soup for breakfast.
The scale still has me at 110 so just solidifying the losses I already had :P
My concern: Bananas make me have to use the bathroom. I'm afraid I might live in the bathroom today.

My scale has me down 4 lbs for the 4 days. I will weigh again tomorrow as I won't be breaking the diet until tomorrow morning :)

1 comment:

  1. You are taking cabbage soup for first three day. At least you have taken the initiate. That’s good.

    ReplyDelete