Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Healthier Me

I really have to concentrate on why I started this journey. I want to be healthier. I really believe I must be accomplishing this fact as my food choices are sooo much better than they had been in the past. I'm not eating nearly as much processed products. I hope to keep this up forever. Yes I slip-up......a lot. But I get right back up again and continue as planned.
I'm exercising daily, have been doing so for almost 2 months now. I took 3 days off when I was sick.
I'm not seeing the positive bodily changes that I've hoped for and that's a little discouraging. BUT I do KNOW I'm on the right track. My weight is sticking to right around 120lbs. According to BMI calculators online I'm at 24.2. That's the very high end of healthy YAY. When I started this I was at 27.1, in the overweight range. I'm wanting to get down to between 20 and 22, so I'll set the goal at 21 :) That would put my weight at 104, that's 6 lbs lighter than my original goal, of course I'm keeping my original goal in sight for April 1st as planned.
It's very slow going. I'm not losing pounds and I'm not losing inches. I'm getting more agressive with my carbohydrate consumption for now to get things moving along again. I really want to get to where I can eat 1500 calories a day and have my grains also. One day I will get there.

I've been doing the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels. It's hard. I've done 8 days now and not feeling the great results, maybe my hopes were just too high and unrealistic. I read message boards where people are losing pounds and inches. I'm not. I still really struggle through the first "circuit" though the second and third are both much easier for me. I can't even do my 3 lb weights through all the strength, I have to drop down to 1.5 lb weights for some of them. I'm supposed to move on to level 2 in 2 days and I just don't feel ready for it. I don't know if I should try to push forward with it or stay at level 1 until I have a firmer grasp of it. I have 3 days to decide, 2 more days of level 1 then a day of rest....then......??????

1 comment:

  1. you look like a crazy female richard simmons!!

    ReplyDelete