Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009

update 1/17

OK I know I haven't been posting here and it's time for me to update. I've been posting on sparkpeople.com instead.
My weightloss.....just isn't happening according to the scale where I nanny.
According to my home scale I've lost 5 lbs. I have no idea which scale is messed up. they both measure my son exactly the same.
My measurements yesterday were:
waist: 34
arm: 12
thigh: 19
hips: skipped because I only had my 36 inch tape measure with me.

I've just starting to eat low carb balanced meals. I just can't get this stubborn weight to come off so I truly believe carbs are my issue. I don't think I can eat the 160ish carbs a day that my sparkpeople diet was allowing me. I've gone down to less than 30 per day for a few days anyways then I'll gradually increase. Learning what foods I can and can not eat. I have a feeling it will take me the entire year to learn how to eat best for me lol.

Exercise is going great. I've also changed this plan up a bit as well. I ordered some circuit training DVD's. For those who don't know what circuit training it, it's weights and aerobic exercise mixed together to give you your cardio and strength training at the same time. I love my Richard Simmons DVD's and plan on continuing to use them too. I've decided that I'm not going to go over 25 minutes at a time in cardio at least for now. I'm going to work on building up my intensity of my workouts. On the exercise bike I started at 15 minutes at an intensity of 1.2 (yea I really don't understand this either but I'm using the bikes numbers). Now I generally do 16 minutes at an intensity of 1.5. I do 16 minutes because that's when the dial registers 100 calories :)

Logan is really on board with this exercise thing. He likes to make up exercises then he poses and tells me to "look at this exercise mommy". It's absolutely adorable. He was even singing "Big girls don't cry" all day yesterday, from one of my Richard Simmons DVD's lol. I ordered him a kids tae bo kick boxing DVD which should be here on Monday. I hope he likes it and we can work out with that together.

My husband is very supportive yet still doubtful that I will lose my stomach fat. Not because he doesn't believe in me but because HE'S been fighting the bulge also. One way we differ is I've always fought it with diet in the past.....and he's still fighting it with exercise. I'm finally combining diet and exercise, he's still not willing to change his diet but that may come as he sees me tone down :) He's been great with buying me fresh fruits and veggies and he's finally quit buying sodas for me. He actually picked out ones he thought I wouldn't like the other day so I wouldn't be tempted by them. So cute, but soda just isn't tempting me anymore.

slip-ups: Yep they are happening. Big time this past week. I made an oreo no bake dessert with Logan and I LOVE THAT STUFF!!!!!!!!! I tried to be good and planned on only having one serving, as one serving is acceptable; we all need reward foods on occasion. Well nobody was eating the stuff and it was just sitting there. What a shame!!!! I of course ate almost the WHOLE DANG THING. Yep my carb monster came out and took over. Which I'm now fine and under control, and learned I'll NEVER MAKE THAT DESSERT AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment